Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And we are back!

hey there!
it's been exactly one week since we left Chile and are back home here in CT.
it's been tough getting used to winter all over again but it has been great being home with Bentley and Bowie and we wouldn't have it any other way.
During our vacation Brandon was able to keep in touch with his family vie Skype and with the rest of the world through his blog. It worked out great because there were many times where Spanish took over for hrs so he took that time as his opportunity to blog about our adventures and he did and amazing job. if you still haven't seen his blog I highly recommend you click on this link brandon's blog you will not regret it, seriously, he is an amazing writer and pretty much makes me feel/look like crap with my crappy postings...
while we were gone Bowie and Bentley went to separate homes; Bowie stayed with the in-laws and their small bowie look-alike dog milo, Bentley on the other hand stayed with the Brother-in-law as he as in the past, which is good because he really likes it there he even has a girlfriend!
We got daily updates of our doggies and our parents and family got daily updates of our adventures. We had such a blast!!!
Although Brandon has already told our trip and stuff I thought some of it should at least make it on the family blog so here it goes:
the hardest thing about the trip was the first 2 days, it had been 13 years since I last saw my country and my memories were quite different from the way things are now, I was sad to admit that I hated what I was seeing. It didnt help that it was the peak of the tourist season so it was extremely crowded but the worst thing by far was the enormous amount of dogs that roam the streets, you all should know by know how crazy we are about animals specially dogs and to see this reality left more than traumatized, it was hard to detach yourself from it but in the end is what you have to do if you want to live not crying your eyes out because you can't help every dog you see on the street including all the dead ones.
the streets filled with dogs and the dirtiness and graffiti everywhere were a  major turn off the first 2 days, Vina del Mar just wasn't what I remembered...
We quickly managed to get used to the swing of things and were happy to visit my family. Everyone was very happy to see me again and to meet my husband, we were lucky to spend our vacation with my twin cousins and their husbands we all made a very good team!
I won't go into details of our trip to Pucon because Brandon already did but I will say that I will definitely go back there it is an amazing little town.
Santiago was awesome too, and I was happy to see that it hasn't changed much at all! we were able to walk around some main areas and it was so fun to remember the times when I was a student and those were my streets.
Today was my first day at school and of course we had our first snow fall of the winter but it wasn't bad so I am happy and grateful for that.
 here are some more pictures of Chile 2011-2012 enjoy!























more pictures coming soon!

1 comment: